The Boiler Shoppe is committed to your safety
We are an Essential Service and Open for Business.
The time is now for all of us to do our part!
Nothing is more important to The Boiler Shoppe than providing our community with valued support. We take this responsibility to heart at all times. That’s why our technicians obey strict COVID-19 protocols before, during and after visiting your home.
- Safety First - Our technicians are instructed to stay home and self-isolate if there are any symptoms of illness.
- Temperature Scan - Upon arrival at the office, our safety officers scan all technicians for signs of elevated temperatures.
- Hygiene - Personal hygiene has always been a priority for The Boiler Shoppe team. We now require that all technicians wash their hands before and after every appointment.
- Sanitize - Boiler Shoppe technicians carry antiviral and disinfectant solutions for application with or in-between hand washing.
- Social Distance - Our technicians have been instructed to avoid handshakes and to maintain adequate social distances during visits to clients’ homes.
Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss any questions you have regarding our services or covid-19 protocols.
Stay Positive & Test Negative!
Ductless Heat Pumps, Ductless Air Conditioning & Fitting Your Infrastructure
Integrated Ductless systems provide climate control solutions. And healthy cooling spaces that are perfect for homes.
Did you know that you could integrate ductless systems that use less energy? And still have climate control for your home. Thanks to mini-split air conditioning.
A mini-split system installation is quick (minimal equipment and easy installation), easy, and cost-effective compared to a ductwork infrastructure.
A ductless system is a good choice for home comfort and air quality, along with the cost and space savings it presents.
Why should I consider an integrated ductless system for my basement remodel?
It’s easy to install a mini-split system that will heat or cool your attic or basement.
Homeowners who convert their garages or basements into a living space, home office, or a spare bedroom can benefit from integrated ductless systems. Installing ductwork in awkward wall placements and pitched ceilings is more complicated and expensive. But a mini-split system is a cost-effective and simpler option.
A mini-split system gives you full access to the controls to manage the temperatures and a separate thermostat.
Ductless Air Conditioner Installation in Toronto
Ductless air conditioning heats up and cools down, without extra installations. And you can install mini-split systems without having to open your walls.
- Ductless systems are suited for providing air conditioning to single rooms. Heat pumps and ductless A/C are perfect for the heating or cooling of smaller spaces. The heatpumps.ca can provide a zoning solution.
- A renovation is required when you consider the traditional ducted route. But the ductless system allows you to prevent construction. And benefit more from advanced technology.
- Ductless is beneficial. In a new build house, major systems and overhauls are acceptable, because of all the mess and construction. And retrofitting is cost-effective, and also causes disruption. The ductless system is most recommended.
Why HVAC Professionals Want You to Go Both Ductless AND Ducted
Ducted and ductless indoor units combine to provide comfort, compatibility - even on a budget.
Installation is hassle free and inexpensive
A ductless system decreases your need for new equipment, and in turn, installation and labor costs.
Replacing your central air replaced with a multi-position ducted system gives you the benefits and comfort from newer technologies. Combining ductless and ducted indoor units means you don't have to replace your HVAC infrastructure.
Easy room accommodation
A multi-position air handler is designed for almost any available space. This unit can fit tight openings and small spaces such as attics, closets and equipment rooms. The types of renovations such as basements and bonus rooms often don’t have space for ductwork. But choosing the flexible system enables you to install compact ductless units.
Control the comfort
Zoned systems divide personal climate control for that comfort solution in every family. A separate thermostat lets you change the temperature in your own space without affecting the temperature in the other room.
The air handlers in each zone automatically adjust the temperature by measuring the return air.
Zoned systems ensure that your energy isn’t wasted. But rather lowering operating costs. A combination of ducted and ductless units allows you an advanced and personalized comfortable home.
The heatpumps.ca can assist with all your ducted heat pumps and air conditioning needs. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation.
Heat Pump System:
An environmentally conscious option
In Canada, heat pumps provide year-round comfort by handling all of your home's heating and cooling needs. You can save energy and reduce your carbon footprint while improving indoor comfort with a ductless heat pump system.
Suitable for use in a variety of applications, a heat pump system is a good option for new constructions or retrofitting existing homes with heating and cooling systems. A heat pump is also a viable alternative when replacing an air conditioner, since the cost difference between a cooling-only unit and a heat pump is often quite small. A heat pump can be a good option for your home, but given the variety of different systems available, it is often not easy to decide.
What is a heat pump...and how does it work?
Compared with furnaces and air conditioners, heat pumps offer a more energy-efficient alternative in climates that require moderate heating and cooling. Like your refrigerator, heat pumps move heat from one place to another. Heat pumps move heat instead of generating heat, making them an efficient means of cooling and heating homes and buildings for less than a quarter of the price of conventional heating and cooling systems.
The three kinds of heat pumps are air-to-air, water-source, and geothermal. Heat is collected from the air, water, or ground outside your home and concentrated for indoors use.
The technical stuff
By extracting energy from a source, the temperature of the source drops. When the home is used as the source, thermal energy will be removed, cooling the space, and vice versa when the house is acting as a sink. As a result of its fully reversible nature, heat pumps can heat and cool your home all year long.
Heat pumps extract heat from low thermal places (sources) and deliver it to higher thermal places (sinks). In the winter, heat is lost from inside the building to the outside as a result of natural flow from places with high temperature to places with low temperature. Heat pumps use additional electrical energy to counteract the natural flow of heat and transfer heat from a colder place to a warmer one.
Reduce your carbon footprint
With a heating system from TBS, you can stay warm and comfortable while reducing your carbon footprint and energy costs throughout Toronto's brutal winters. With our ductless heat pumps, you'll get both the energy savings and sustainability that you need while also elevating your indoor comfort level.
Regardless of your current heating system, ductless heat pumps bring incredible benefits to your home that you can enjoy for the whole year. The system is mounted on an outside wall, eliminating the ineffectiveness of ducted systems. Consequently, your carbon footprint is minimized, your energy bills are lower, and your comfort is improved.
Ductless heating and cooling systems
A ductless unit has one unit outside and additional units in the rooms you want to heat or cool. Some of the benefits are:
- Savings on utility bills - It is much cheaper running a ductless system. ‘Normal’ systems lose thermal energy, resulting in higher bills. One of the benefits of a ductless system is that it's cheap to run. A ductless system does not have that problem, as it only heats and cools the rooms you want to use. You don't have to worry about losing air through your vents.
- Maximum energy efficiency with minimal waste. Environmentally conscious people will love this option.
- Fewer moving parts and greater efficiency than normal ‘traditional’ systems.
With HeatPumps.ca, your ductless system will be installed by professionals. Our repair and installation services are second to none. Each project we do is backed by our guarantee, and we never cut corners.
As an HVAC contractor, we're proud of what we do and care about our customers. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have and we will be glad to help. Contact our team today to find out more about us and how we can help