In Canada, electric heat pumps provide year-round comfort by handling all of your home's heating and cooling needs. You can save energy and reduce your carbon footprint while improving indoor comfort with a ductless heat pump system.
Suitable for use in a variety of applications, electric heat pumps are a good option for new constructions or retrofitting existing homes with heating and cooling systems. A heat pump is also a viable alternative when replacing an air conditioner, since the cost difference between a cooling-only unit and a heat pump is often quite small.
How to Electric Heat Pumps Work?
Compared with furnaces and air conditioners, heat pumps offer a more energy-efficient alternative in climates that require moderate heating and cooling.
Heat pumps move heat instead of generating heat, making them an efficient means of cooling and heating homes and buildings for less than a quarter of the price of conventional heating and cooling systems.
Electric heat pumps work by using electricity to move heat from one location to another, known as refrigeration, and similar to how a conventional air conditioner operates.
Heat pumps have an outdoor unit that contains a compressor and a condenser coil. The outdoor unit collects heat from the outside air and transfers it to the indoor unit through a refrigerant line. The indoor unit contains an evaporator coil that absorbs the heat and distributes it into the home.
By repeating this cycle, a heat pump can effectively transfer heat from the outside air to the indoor air, even when the outdoor temperature is below freezing. This process makes heat pumps an energy-efficient alternative to traditional heating systems.
Reduce your carbon footprint
With a Electric Heat Pumps from heatpumps.ca, you can stay warm and comfortable while reducing your carbon footprint and energy costs throughout Toronto's brutal winters. With our ductless heat pumps, you'll get both the energy savings and sustainability that you need while also elevating your indoor comfort level.
Regardless of your current heating system, ductless heat pumps bring incredible benefits to your home that you can enjoy for the whole year. The system is mounted on an outside wall, eliminating the ineffectiveness of ducted systems. Consequently, your carbon footprint is minimized, your energy bills are lower, and your comfort is improved.
Ductless Heating and Cooling Systems
Ductless heating and cooling systems, also known as ductless mini-splits, offer several advantages over traditional heating and cooling systems:
- Energy Efficiency: Ductless Heat Pumps don't rely on ducts to circulate air, which can be a source of energy loss in traditional systems. Ductless systems are also more efficient at converting electricity into heating or cooling
- Zone Control: Ductless systems allow for separate temperature control in different areas of the home
- Easy Installation: Ductless systems don't require the installation of ductwork, which can be a major project in a retrofit or remodel. They are relatively easy to install and can be done with minimal disruption to your home
- Quiet Operation: Ductless systems are much quieter than traditional heating and cooling systems because the outdoor unit is located outside the home and the indoor unit is small and discreet
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Ductless Heat Pumps can help improve indoor air quality by filtering and circulating air, reducing allergens, and controlling humidity levels
- Increased Home Comfort: Since ductless systems allow for separate temperature control in different areas of the home, they can improve overall comfort by ensuring that each room is at the desired temperature
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Ductless Heat Pumps are small and discreet, so they won't take up much space in your home or detract from its appearance. They are also available in a variety of colors and styles to match your décor
HeatPumps.ca repair and installation services are second to none. Each Electric Heat Pump installation is backed by our guarantee, and we never cut corners.
As an HVAC contractor, we're proud of what we do and care about our customers. Feel free to ask us any questions or schedule a Heat Pump Installation or Repair.